Software Engineer II (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Department: Software Engineer
Status: FLSA Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Richmond, VA
Date: October 2021
The Balm In Gilead. does more than world’s health status of individuals . It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At The Balm In Gilead. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHAT YOU BRING:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant subject area, or combination of education, training, and experience.
• Experience working in a distributed Cloud-based environment preferably with AWS
• Full-stack front-end developer with experience in React/Redux, Node.js, Next.js
• Experience with Test Driven Development such as Jest, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, etc.
• DevOps mentality with CD/CI and following code through production operation
• and troubleshooting issues during and following releases
• Familiarity with testing and quality practices in software development
• A track record of solving problems and getting things done in a fast-paced,
• ever-evolving environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with
• business and technical teammates
• High collaboration within a communal environment
• Ability to create and execute practical and simple solutions
• A attitude with empathy and understanding and collaborate with others
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000 per year and the salary offered will be dependent on the candidate’s individual experience and abilities. Hours for this position are 9:00am-5:00pm at our Midlothian office. Our full compensation package includes medical and dental benefits.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position, and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be mailed to The Balm in Gilead, Inc., 620 Moorefield Park Drive, Suite 150, Richmond, VA 23236.
Submit your application as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About The Balm In Gilead
The Balm In Gilead, Inc.is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization that has developed an international reputation for providing insightful understanding of religious cultures, values and extraordinary abilities to build strong, trusted partnerships with faith communities throughout the world. The organization develops educational and training programs specifically designed to establish sustainable, integrated systems of public health and faith principles, which helps to improve health outcomes of individuals living in urban, rural, and remote communities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The Balm in Gilead is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. The Balm In Gilead welcomes applicants from historically underserved and marginalized communities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.